Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took ds to my husband's chiro on Wednesday. I have never been to one myself...if it ain't broke don't fix it. This woman is wonderful though. My husband thinks she's great. She doensn't use the cracking technique. Very gentle. My son has been favoring one side of his head. He sleeps on this side only and it's making it flat. He also seems to only want to look in that one direction as well. Apparently, as she put it, his head was on crooked! Which would make sense to me since he turned slightly transverse during the last part of delivery, he was trying to come out with the side of his head first. Seems to have helped him.

Anyone else taken ds or dd to the chiropractor?

Amy

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Yep, the whole family. The baby gets adjusted, she has a little place in her neck that is tight. Douglas falls all the time. Zachary goes once a month. DH goes every 2 wks, he drives 55 plus miles each way to work everyday (No. VA thing). I go every week right now and have been since the end of my pregnancy.
Chiropractor is pro homebirth (no yanking on the babes necks to get them out) and anti vax.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I do!! My chiropractor doesn't crack either. Which i like. I hae the cracking sound especially from the back. We usually go once a mth. But dd1 doesn't really like him. She cries everytime she see him. I guess we don't see him often enough for her.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I am a prenatal/pediatric Chiropractor and think getting adjusted is very important for babies as well as adults. It could help keep so many kids off drugs and help them feel more comfortable in their bodies. It's a natural part of a healthy lifestyle.

When my dd was born at home I had one of my Chiro buddies there which is good because my dd came out not breathing. My mw ran to go get her oxygen tank because she was so worried about the amount of time that she looked lifeless. My Chiro friend stepped in to adjusted her upper neck and jaw and she started breathing on her own. No oxygen needed. It was such a gentle way for her to be helped.

So I believe it's important for pregnancy, birth, and beyond.

Glad to hear you are open to it.

Caring Touch

·
Registered
113 Posts
we also just started going and now i wish i never waited so long... lexi loves it asks like every day if we can go again ... i love it just those few minutes that are all about me to relax its wonderful... July 8 we will be back and jack will go for his 1st time we wanted to wait til after the chiro came back from her vacation before starting him

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
DH has been going to chiropracters for years and years, but I never had. When I had Emily, I had the name of a chiro who adjusts children and babies as well. It was recommended that we all go. I was definitely feeling out of sorts after the birth, so we made a family trip of it! Emily was just 5 days old when she was first adjusted. I have had Emily adjusted a couple of times now. She usually falls asleep right after (no crying or anything). And I've been getting Katie adjusted as well. We are all sleeping better for it. I love my chiropracter!

Bec

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I go to a chiro regularly for my back problems, and it has helped my pain levels significantly.

I take my baby for a checkup about once every 5-6 months, she's been twice so far and has never been adjusted. The chiro tells me if she has any spots I need to look for, and shows me some massage, etc... I think it's incredibly helpful .

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
i just responded to this question last night ont he health and healing forum....anyone interested in chiro questions should check it out....it has lots of posts from users and chiros
and yes we all go and have been very satisfied with the healing that he has facilitated and the prevention of illnesses for our whole family
we are sold!

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Yes, LOVE it!!! Both of my girls were adjusted w/in 24hrs. of their births. Dd#1 is 3 1/2 and dd#2 is 1 1/2 we have only had antibiotics in our house once - and I got suckered into them that time.

My oldest runs into the adjusting room climbs on the table and says "me first, me first"

I get great natural, relaxed, trust your instincts advice. My pregnancies are easier when I'm seeing a chiro. - better sleep too!

I can't say enough good things about chiropractic care for the whole family!

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
My DD had her first adjustment at 6 days old!
I was there for my adjustment and my chiro examined her and did some very gentle massage, examined her spine and did a slight adjustment of her neck.

After the adjustment I nursed her and she latched on and nursed like I had never felt her do. She also slept SO soundly in the car on the ride home (prior to being adjusted she SCREAMED in the car seat).

This week when I went, I got adjusted (HIGHLY recomend chiropractic care during and after pregnancy BTW) and DD just got examined. Everything looked great so she didn't need to be adjusted.

My chiropractor does not charge for babies and I can bring her in any time!

~Erin

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I took my ds to the chiropractor at about 3 1/2 months old. He had the same problem. Favored one side and was getting a flat head. It did wonders. He's 100% better and no longer favors the one side. He had a very stiff muscle and a subluxation in his neck. She was so gentle too. She also adjusted his pelvis. She said alot of people grab babies feet and lift while changing a diaper, and this is a big no no. She said that there are four bones in his pelvis that have not closed together and when you lift his legs up you are putting to much pressure on them.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Quote:
She said alot of people grab babies feet and lift while changing a diaper, and this is a big no no. She said that there are four bones in his pelvis that have not closed together and when you lift his legs up you are putting to much pressure on them.
I keep thinking about this as I change DD's diapers. How do I clean her and get the diaper under her if I don't lift her legs? Maybe roll her to the side?

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by dharmama
I keep thinking about this as I change DD's diapers. How do I clean her and get the diaper under her if I don't lift her legs? Maybe roll her to the side?

Yup. I kept thinking about that too and wondering how you'd do it any other way.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
"I keep thinking about this as I change DD's diapers. How do I clean her and get the diaper under her if I don't lift her legs? Maybe roll her to the side? "

I am wondering also.

the kids and I and DH all go to the same chiro.... I started taking Delany when she was 18 mo. old or so to relieve her constipation issues. Wish I had taken her much earlier. DS went the first time as soon as he got home (2 weeks old) and goes nearly every week. Dr. did try the gentle baby adjustments that she has used successfully on DD, but it just wasn't enough for DS. She finally (with my permission) rolled him over and cracked him. He grunted and started babbling and talking... it was so funny; he's such a little man
He also falls a LOT, wants to be a toddler so much

He also falls asleep as soon as he gets home and sleeps like a rock
He has actually started to crawl toward the room, down a long hall while we're waiting for our turn... he loooves his Dr. Lori

·
Registered
683 Posts
DS got his first adjustment at 2 weeks. He would only nurse on 1 side before, after his adjustment he nursed like a champ on both sides. At 2 mos, same thing started to happen, so I took him back and it worked again!!! I love our Doc!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts