1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I've been seeing my chiro for a while.<br>
Went in for adjustment felt fine...he adjusted my neck and HOLY SH*T..<br>
he pulled a muscle in my neck...I was fine going in = jacked up going out.<br>
He had to use a bit of force on my neck (or he thought he did) he was a bit rough...<br><br>
Do I mention it to him?<br>
Do I go back to him or choose another one?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Definately mention it to him and go back right away or at least call. I see a chiro regularly and I've been going to him for probably 6 years or so. I can usually tell right away when something was missed and needs to be adjusted again and I tell him, then he rechecks the movement. Sometimes the muscles will be sore due to the alignment and your body/muscles not being used to being in the correct placement. Usually my chiro recommends alternating ice and heat 20 minutes on/40 minutes off.<br><br>
Have you seen this person before and you both are familiar with one another or was this your first time seeing him? Either way, you should say something and have him recheck the movement to make sure it's not something in the wrong place.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen him for almost 4 years..<br>
but its not an alignment issue its defn a pulled muscle..<br>
I am just not really trusting of him anymore KWIM

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Well if you really don't trust him anymore, then do you want to go back? If you don't want to go back under any circumstances, then I wouldn't even bother to tell him what happened. You've been seeing him for a long time though, and maybe you would feel differently if you spoke with him about it. Can't hurt.<br><br>
Maybe he'll want to do some stim on it and give you another adjustment that would help out.<br><br>
Knowing myself, I would probably be too chicken to call, and then spend forever trying to find another chiroporactor, and then after a month of struggling with it realize I should have just dealt with it in the first place :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts