·
Registered
5,454 Posts
So at least we can hang out together pregnant forever on a new thread too! Lol

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wouldn't want to intimidate anyone into joining our misery because of a very long thread. Heh.

Reactions: RonnaLeigh

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I hope I didn't intimidate anybody from participating on the thread, lest they fear they too will remain pregnant forever!!

I feel like I need to clean up this house. ..except I can't because of my ribs (which feel like healing is stagnant right now. .. baby is getting big and kicking and pushing on them and hurting them a lot). So. .. I guess I'll just go sew. I*should* sew a diaper bag of sorts. Or the quilt I wanted to start/complete.

But instead I'll probably make more diapers I don't need. well.. except I sort of do need big ones because ds needs more, I think.

Except I kind of want to nap too.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Judy and Abra, you two are cracking me up. I think it's safe to say that by time the dates on this chat are up you will be holding new babes! Surely you won't be pregnant forever. :)

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You might think that Mlog, but my midwife just came by and confirmed that I will be pregnant forever. Apparently it happens in Brazil, something in the two water.

Really though.. I did just have an appointment and baby sounds good. He's still moving a ton, so all seems ok there. I have an ultrasound scheduled for Wednesday IF I'm STILL pregnant. She said she will do a stretch and sweep to try to move things along if baby seems to be getting compromised or if I get toooooo fed up. I read a few articles this morning about going past 42 which made me feel better and my energy levels are better today. I'm FINALLY over this cold and my ribs are slooowly feeling better too. Lots of bhx, but nothing else to speak of.. I've never had bloody show or mucus until well into active labor though..

Judy, what did you end up sewing?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I think about all you overdue mamas everyday! It can't last forever!

My nesting urge to have everything just so hasn't seemed to go away with birth. I've just lost my ability to keep things orderly :/ I really am feeling pretty great for 1 week pp, I just hit a wall really quickly if I try and do too much, so I'm trying to take it easy so hopefully I can really give my body a chance to recover. Dh caught ds2's cold so he's not much help right now either. I felt a tickle in my throat a couple days ago, but it hasn't gone any farther than that. I'm hoping that means I've been exposed and successfully fought it off and am passing on that good immunity now. Baby Fay is doing great, she just sleeps and eats, sometimes I wish she didn't sleep quite so long, I get awfully engorged by the time her 3.5 hour naps are over!

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
I ended up napping instead of sewing. You know, resting up for all the activity *not* going on right now. .. (haha. .. passive agressive non-laboring banter). I have to haul kids around to activities. .. but I'd rather finish up a diaper I cut out a few days ago (I'm not really that excited about the pattern. .. I don't use a style like that often, but for whatever reason a few days ago, I *had* to buy the pattern... and now I feel obligated to sew it up!).

Reactions: RonnaLeigh

·
Registered
344 Posts
You might think that Mlog, but my midwife just came by and confirmed that I will be pregnant forever. Apparently it happens in Brazil, something in the two water.
You and Judy have me laughing!!

I can't make it through most days anymore with my early morning work schedule, so my days are flying by. I got up at noon from my morning 2 hr or longer nap. Feels great to be rested and its the only way I can function in the evenings with my family and stay up and chat and go to bed with my husband at 9:30 or whatever.

I have lots of laundry to do. I am amazed at how much shows up over a weekend...I think I will make banana bread too. And I should consider what we will eat for supper. ;)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi ladies,
I wish I was more active this is a great group. We have been busy building on our new home all spring. Every free day we get we are out there and tried our best to get it move-in ready before baby but just didn't quite get there.
I'm glad I'm not the only one past my EDD but feel for you all too. I can't wait to meet this little baby. All four boys are super excited too, they are helping me prepare and "nesting" too. It's very sweet. My 3 year old says when the baby comes out he'll be a big brother then he can ride his bike, shoot his bow and skateboard lol. Big plans!

I attached a few photos of our yurt progress, I was really hoping to give birth there…. sigh!

I can't wait to hear everyones birth stories soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Everlong your yurt looks amazing, what else needs to be done to finish it up?

Thinking of you other ladies, one day closer to babies!

Baby is just over a week old, so far things are going well. Nursing is going better and I'm getting more sleep than I thought I would. I'm feeling really good but it so hard to not overdo it. I see something little that needs to be done and before I know it I've been on my feet to long.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Baking cookies at 2am with ctx 6-7mins apart, but DTD seemed to stall them. I'm giving it to the last batch of cookies being done, then going back to bed. Wah wah....

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Hoping things pick back up for you, Laurie!

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FX for you Eiraul!

Ever, awesome yurt!

42w today, still pregnant!

Reactions: Everlong753

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Tried talking to this baby just now. A real heart to heart. I tried reasoning and visualizing a beautiful birth for *today*. Instead I got a load of hiccups, some nice head-to-pelvis grinding, and kicks to the ribs. I think he/she laughed at me. ;)

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've tried all these things too Judy. My dh and I just went on a 45 minutes walk and... Nothing. Blarg.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I went back to bed. Nothing much aside from absolute randomness this morning.

I see the midwife in a few hours. I called my mom for advice because I am really leaning towards declining a stretch and sweep and such, and she was supportive of just not meddling, which was nice (and reminded me that she went late with all 6 of her babies, even #6 was 12 days past her due date).

@Abraisme, does Brazil have any legislation to consider with going past 42wks?

In Ontario, I believe you're risked out of a home birth by 42wks, but I'm going to confirm you still stay under midwife care.

....and I still don't get how local legislation effects a woman's right to choose and a midwife's commitment to not abandon a woman in labour.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm not sure if there are laws about going past a certain date here. Most people give birth in a hospital where you pretty much get a csection if your baby hasn't come out quickly and naturally before 39-40 weeks. The csection rates in private hospitals are up to 90% and the public hospitals are around 45%. I talked to my midwife yesterday (who happens to also be an OB) and she said that she doesn't have any standard protocol for what she does past 42 weeks. She did highly suggest that I have an ultrasound and a nst to check the blood flow and placental function and she's now monitoring the baby's hb daily. She will do a stretch and sweep if things need a nudge, but mostly I was told to walk and stay relaxed and it will be okay! She said she hasn't had to give pitocin to induce in 10 years and she would rather not now! While she wasn't thrilled about it, I could probably convince her to break my water too if we really needed to push things along. Tomorrow I have a NST scheduled.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh and my midwives in the US were technically supposed to transfer care at 42 weeks, but they would often let that slide if mama and baby were okay.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
So, turns out home birth's an option up to 43wks in Ontario (good to know...).

I agreed to an ultrasound on Friday (Bio physical). I think I'm okay with it if I make it that far (I've declined any ultrasounds this pregnancy and last). We'll see how I feel closer to the day if it's actually something I have to consider or if babe makes an appearance before then.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts