Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swimming at the pool is going to make me wash my hair a lot more than usual this summer. I noticed yesterday that with the bs/acv combo my hair was very lifeless and a bit rough. Does anyone have any suggestions to rinse out the chlorine?

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Im not sure if this would help but as a rinse i find it's good. 1tsp. of vinegar mixed in with usual amount of shampoo.<br>
laura

·
Banned
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lauraess!<br><br>
I found this to limit chlorine damage:<br>
1 egg<br><br>
1 eggshell's worth of olive oil<br><br>
1 quarter of a peeled cucumber<br><br>
Blend the egg, olive oil and peeled cucumber. Spread evenly through your hair, leave on for 10 minutes, then thoroughly rinse.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>ParisMaman</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">Thanks Lauraess!<br><br>
I found this to limit chlorine damage:<br>
1 egg<br><br>
1 eggshell's worth of olive oil<br><br>
1 quarter of a peeled cucumber<br><br>
Blend the egg, olive oil and peeled cucumber. Spread evenly through your hair, leave on for 10 minutes, then thoroughly rinse.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
Interesting recipe, sounds great!<br><br>
Was there any word on how often it should be used? Like once a week, or every time you're exposed to the chlorine?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I've also heard that if you get your hair really wet before you get into a chlorinated pool it helps limit the chlorine damage by saturating the hairs with fresh water and your hair will absorb less of the chlorine, making it easier to rinse out when you are done. I don't know how credible that is, but perhaps worth a try.<br><br>
Or you could try olive oil before you swim to keep the water off your hair? You'd look pretty slicked down afterwards though if you couldn't get the oil washed out...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts