Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sil brought chocolate bread on Christmas one year, from a bakery.
The idea freaked me out at first, but it was beyond delicious!
It was a yeast bread (not quickbread) with chunks of chocolate in it.
She doesn't live near that bakery anymore either.
I want to try to make some, has anyone ever heard of this?

·
Registered
5,233 Posts
I've made all kind of breads like this and we love them for something different. I have used good quality chunk chocolate, and and cinnamon chips which was beyond delicious!

When I do a bread with something like that I make a no-kneed style dough. It just incorporates things better without smooshing or ruining the shape/flavour of the ingredient. I don't have an exact recipe right now I'm not at home, but if interested I can find one. If you have made a no-kneeding type bread, you just mix in the chocolate with everything else.

For a smallish round loaf I use about 3 cups flour to 1.5 cups water, 1 or 2 tsp yeast, 1.5 tsp salt, optional tablespoon butter and sugar. Butter or oil will make a more tender crumb and crust, and last a bit longer on the shelf. If you google no kneed bread you can take a basic recipe and add in some chips. Subbing a 1/2 cup of oats and adding a tsp of cinnamon is a good variation also, especialy if you can find cinnamon chips.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.