Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I know it's not nutritious but it is good eating!

Dh and Ds have their birthdays coming up and I want to make them chocolate cakes from scratch. I don't like super fancy recipes so just something quick and simple would be great.

So any recipes for chocolate cake, chocolate frosting and a strawberry filling (maybe just whip cream and strawberries blended?
: ) would be greatly appreciated. TIA

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
Here is a very easy chocolate cake recipe:

3 cups of unbleached white flour
2 cups of sugar (turbinado works well)
2 tsp. of baking soda
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
1tsp.salt
2 tsp. vinegar
1 to tsp. vanilla
2 cups of cold water
2/3 cup of oil, use verly light olive oil but any veg. oil will do

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2 round pan s or one sheet cake pan.
Mix , flour, baking soda, salt, sugar and cocoa in a large bowl. Pour oil, vinegar, vanilla and water into flour mixture and stir until well blended, it will take about a minute. Pour batter into pans. Cook for about 35 minutes.

Easy frosting recipe:
Most of a box of powedered sugar
1 stick of butter softened
1 tsp or more vanilla extract

mix together add a little milk if you need to thin (most likely will need to).
Can also add cocoa powder
I guess you could also add strawberries and or extract to this (you could use strawberry juice to thin the icing instead of milk).

To make above recipe cream cheese icing add one 8oz package of softened cream cheese to above recipe.

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaAllNatural
Thank you so much!

*ETA: Oh, and I've been meaning to tell you...I
your new sig!

Your welcome and this recipe always turns out so good for me. It is so easy too ,got to love that!!! Thanks about my sig line!

Tell me how it turns out for you if you decide to use it! Happy b-day to your dh and ds!

~Heather

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.