Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so here's my new mom paranoia....if it's not one thing, it's another

we love christmas trees...big massive too large for our house trees..we self-cut every year, so it's a tradition to boot....My fear is that with a crawling soon to be walking orally fixated baby, is it practical? Advice/Suggestions, please!

tia
K

·
Registered
893 Posts
I've heard of some people using the play pen to set the tree up in, could you do that? Maybe get a smaller tree just for this year.

I'm concerned with DS picking up needles on the floor and eating them. To try and keep him away from the tree area would consume my entire day, so for just this year we are borrowing an ancient little fake tree from my MIL. Once the decorations are on, it won't really matter anyway! By next Christmas I'm sure he will be well-behaved enough to get a nice real tree (I hope!).

Now what I wonder is how I'm going to hide the cords. He is fixated with electrical cords.

winn

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a small tree I think it might be........

we'll just have to cut down on ornaments....and make it more jolly with excessive apple bread and ella fitzgerald christmas carols....

ha!

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
kpb, we have several little ones and have needed to do xmas trees differently since they came into our lives. We were not only worried about the pine needles, but the ornaments attracting the kids to pull them off, the tree falling over, etc. We now put the tree in a special area and block it off from crawling & toddling babies.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts