Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi newbie here. I'm in the DFW area, mid-cities to be exact. DH and I are TTC #1.
I've searched the threads and have gathered a great list MW's to contact. I would also like to hear about those you didn't like. I understand from reading the other threads that negative comments are best sent via PM. If there is a MW you didn't like, would you please PM me w/ their name and the reason you had an issue with them?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I don't know if you have Ann Crowell on your list. She's amazing- and really close to you. I know you wanted to know who is not good, but I can't help you there. I just had to put a plug in for my dear Ann. She delivered 3 of my 4... well, the last one beat her
but it wasn't her fault. She's soon starting a birthing center there in the Bedford/Hurst area, too!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Bonnie is awesome!

Lisa Black is my personal fav. She was my midwife (and my preceptor) and I just think she is really laid back and funny and she really thinks things through before making decisions. She also has a good working relationship with a CNM so if you were to even need a prescription you would not have to find a doctor on your own. www.treeoflifemidwifery.com is her website.

I was an apprentice midwife for 4 years in Texas so feel free to PM me if you have questions about anyone.

Amy

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Is Dinah Waranch on your list? She was absolutely AMAZING!!! Very, very holistic and crunchy - perfect for me. I couldn't have asked for better prenatal care or birth. She has her own birth center but also does homebirths.

Donna ****** is also very good. She was my mother's midwife for 4 of her 5 births (me being one of them). My mom loved her and from my understanding she still does homebirths.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Donna isn't taking on very many clients these days

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.