Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, the one thing that dd keeps saying she wants for christmas is a robot...

Well that and a purple dell laptop

So, hit me with robots you've seen... I suppose for price I'd go as high as $100 for the perfect one... she hasn't asked for much else.

thanks!

-Angela

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
There's one called Tribot that we have (my husband writes reviews for magazines so we get promos of this kind of stuff). http://www.amazon.com/WowWee-Tribot-...9377888&sr=8-1

There's also a "mini" version for around $30. I think it's pretty good for kids under five. It talks constantly, which annoys us, and DS gets bored of it pretty quickly, but I think that would be true of any remote control kind of toy. Anyway, it looks really cool, and its movement is spectacular. LMK if you have any specific questions, and I'll get back to you.

-e

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I haven't seen any....haven't looked for any either though, lol!

Good luck with that one!

I had to find Neil Armstrong videos for my 8 year old....augh!

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Okay, I checked with DH. He said that, honestly, there's not a remote control robot that he can whole-heartedly get behind for this age group. He said he'd go for whatever WowWee one you can get for the least money. He likes this one because he said it's walking motion is very robot-like:
http://www.amazon.com/WowWee-Robosap...9399600&sr=8-1

-e

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks! Is there one that he thinks is just super for a slightly older set? Dd is pretty mature about toys and tech-savvy... her daddy has plenty for her to play with

That one does look cool. So he'd say that's cooler than the tribot?

thanks!

-Angela

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Tribot is the one ds, 4, is desperate for. We're holding off because he has a habit of throwing things when he's frustrated, so it's bought but we may not give it to him for a few months more. But he's putting in amazing effort to not throw toys now that he knows he can't have a robot until he is more responsible.

I looked at the mini tribot, but I think it would be boring after a while. But ds is pretty advanced with this stuff, and wants lots of features.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyMommaToo View Post
Okay, I checked with DH. He said that, honestly, there's not a remote control robot that he can whole-heartedly get behind for this age group. He said he'd go for whatever WowWee one you can get for the least money. He likes this one because he said it's walking motion is very robot-like:
http://www.amazon.com/WowWee-Robosap...9399600&sr=8-1

-e
We had this one a while ago, and it was pretty cool. Ds unfortunately accidentally dropped and broke it, hence the desire for a new robot. It has a lot of features, and my kids found it quite easy to work. The dance feature is very fun, but I got sick of the music after hearing it 2000 times.

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Britishmum View Post
We had this one a while ago, and it was pretty cool. Ds unfortunately accidentally dropped and broke it, hence the desire for a new robot. It has a lot of features, and my kids found it quite easy to work. The dance feature is very fun, but I got sick of the music after hearing it 2000 times.

Yeah... I'm sure I will be sick of whatever this is... But alas, the things we do for our children...

-Angela

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
we have or had robosabien. My SIL got it for DH like 3 years ago for christmas. We were like uuhhh thanks? At the time we had no kids and he's not into robots, so it was a weird gift. After sitting around on a shelf for 3 years we just gave it to charity for christmas. It does a bunch of stuff, dances, you can have it walk around, it comes with a cup it can pick up and throw. What does your DD want her robot to do?

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Quote:
Thanks! Is there one that he thinks is just super for a slightly older set?
DH loves Lego Mindstorms, but that's definitely a building kind of thing. He's not aware of anything else that would be suitable for the under 10s in that price range. (There's a super-cool Wall-E one, but it's $250!)

-e

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by snoopy5386 View Post
What does your DD want her robot to do?
She wants it to pick up trash and throw it away...
:

But if it doesn't and is cool otherwise I think we're okay...

-Angela

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.