Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this year I wanted to do a special blessing in our living room for my 3.5 yr old toddler and 9 month old (I know she won't understand LOL) so I was going to light candles round the room to make it look really magical and then have my toddler lay her stocking out and the mincepie and glass of milk for father christmas and then have our bedtime blessing (This usually takes place in her bedroom) . We have a special poetry book which I read several poems from (one is all about father christmas) and is a tradition from when I was very small. My father used to read the same poems every year and it was very special (I managed to go on E.bay and get the same poetry book we had growing up) So we will really about three poems and then I was wondering if anybody had a special verse we could say/ sing special to Christmas Eve?

Also I would love to hear from anybody about how you make your Christmas Eve magical just before the children are put to bed? I just want to make this Christmas have some really magical/special memories so it is more about what we do rather than what is bought.

TIA

XXXXXXXXXXX

·
Registered
799 Posts
This is hard for us, b/c we usually have to rush home after dinner at grandmas, and the kids are all revved up from the gifts received at her house.
DH always reads "the night before christmas". Some of our more calm "magical" moments happen a few days earlier on solstice. Then we light candles and talk about the entire year. DH starts in January and highlights the "events" for our family of each month. The girls chime in with their own memories. (I was thinking of recording it this year, so we could listen to the previous year before we start) We share our favorite moment of the year, and something we would like to improve upon for next year. Then we sing our favorite christmas carols, while we add a few ornaments to the tree--one to represent solstice, and all the blessings of this year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.