Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Check the allergy meds ingredients.

Is there a dye/colored coating? (I found out I was sensative to yellow dye after months of taking green iron pills and having daily headaches. I changed pills, no more headaches)

Maybe she needs a different KIND of allergy med, like Claratin vs Allegra, etc.

COnsider allergy shots. Significantly diminished my reaction to dust mites.

Also, go to the extreme to make her bedroom allergy friendly. HEPA air cleaner, rip out the carpet and do hard floor, encase the matress, boxspring, pillows, etc. Wash bedding weekly, vacuum with a HEPA vacuum weekly.

Probably should do the best you can to vacuum other places she often is weekly too.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Stuffed animals- maybe. Is there a designated play area/room in the house? Keep most of them there. If there are any that are slept with, you probably can get by with blasting them in the dryer on high heat to neutralize most of the mites. Stuffed animals are hard to wash becasue they loose shape, texture, etc. A possible compromise could be to keep them in a rubbermaid style box, theoretically that would cut down on exposure since they are closed off/covered from the general dust in the air settling. Then every couple of months blast them in the hot dryer.

National Allergy Supply catalog/website has tons of great products that are quite durable/effective.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.