Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am worried because DH and I are going to be changing churches. The church we had been attending had a nursery leader that CDed her OWN children so she was ofen jealous of my dipes but happily changed my children. With us NOT knowing where we are going to end up I am horribly nervous about sending them into a nursery setting. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
685 Posts
I don't know what cloth "system" you use, but you could use AIOs for the nursery. AIOs are just as easy, if not easier, than disposables - especially if you get some velcro ones.

I mostly use fitteds, but I use Bumkins AIOs when I have a babysitter. (I also carry them in the diaper bag when we go out.)

·
Premium Member
34,292 Posts
I'm the only one in our church (and possibly the town
) who uses cloth dipes, and it's never been an issue. I always take AIOs and show them how they go on "just like a disposible" and I have a wet bag for the wet dipe.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I'm sure others will have more/better input than I do, but I'll give 2 cents' worth. I've pretty much packed the diaper bag with Bumkins AIOs for the church nursery. I used to have them do prefolds tri-folded into a Bummi, and that worked okay. I would just show people how to do it and they happily did it. One time a PF was accidentally thrown away and I didn't know till later. But who cares, it was a PF. Also, sometimes they put it in really strangely and M leaked or something, but that wasn't a big deal to me. But it has been easier with the AIOs. I just tell them, "It's just as easy to put on as a disposable," and show them the absorbent side and the waterproof side.

Also, I often send her in there in something else--typically a SugarPeas hemp diaper with microfleece doubler and a Bummi's cover. All they have to do is take it off and put it in a bag, so it doesn't inconvenience them. I do this for two reasons: I only have so many AIOs and I don't want to 'waste' them. Also, the SP w/ microfleece is more absorbent and comfortable than the Bumkins, so it can get her through a longer period without being changed.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
I often send her in there in something else--typically a SugarPeas hemp diaper with microfleece doubler and a Bummi's cover. All they have to do is take it off and put it in a bag, so it doesn't inconvenience them. I do this for two reasons: I only have so many AIOs and I don't want to 'waste' them. Also, the SP w/ microfleece is more absorbent and comfortable than the Bumkins, so it can get her through a longer period without being changed.
This makes a LOT of sense. THank you.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I've never wanted to worry about cloth for church nursery. Our church is pretty big so there's LOTS of different people who could possibly be watching my kids. And even if I tell them about the dipes when we drop off ds, someone different will be in there with him later on when I pick him up (and information is not always passed along when they change workers). If I HAD to use cloth in nursery I would probably use Bumkins AIO's. But those are expensive so I think I'd always be stressed about the possibility of one getting thrown out. For this reason, we have always used sposies for nursery. That was just easier, especially when I've had 2 or 3 kids in diapers at the same time!

But anyway, if you can do cloth, that's cool. If sposies are just easier then don't worry about it. It's not that many diapers per week.

·
Registered
5,467 Posts
Our children have always attended service with us there isn't even a nursery but DH and I play in an ochestra where we pactice in a local church so on rehersal days DD goes to the nursery I've always packed AIO's and except once when they managed to fasten an All together AIO on backawards (don't even ask)
we haven't had trouble I do pack sposie wipes though I got tired of them tossing out my good cloth wipes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.