Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a baby boy on the 6th, and I am so happy that my midwives did not mention circ or ask if we are circing. It is just assumed that we are l eaving him intact.

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
Yay you, yay baby, and yay midwives!

Enjoy your babymoon!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by the_lissa
I really think it should just be assumed that one is leaving their baby intact.
Supply and demand sadly.

Although of course the supply creates the demand to some extent.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Congrats the_lissa!
I'll head over to our DDC as I assume you've posted there? For some reason I keep missing the new baby posts over there....getting too anxious myself.

·
Registered
11,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep TG- I've posted on our DDC.
I am finding it hard to keep up with all the birth announcements too.

PF- I'm in Ontario, Canada. The circ rate here is around 18%.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Happy Birth Day to your whole little man

Congratulations!

~Nay

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
same as here. they dont ever ask if your going to circ. if parents want it done they have to ask and then it is done at 2 weeks old and one or both parents have to be there to hold the baby down.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by babygrant
same as here. they dont ever ask if your going to circ. if parents want it done they have to ask and then it is done at 2 weeks old and one or both parents have to be there to hold the baby down.

At least they have to wait a while and actually be present... Around here it depends on which hospital you go to... my midwife DID ask me and I said that we absolutely were NOT circumcising and she said "good for you!"

love and peace.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Congrats! And WTG to those midwives!

With the CNMs here they ask you at each prenatal, then you sign a refusal, then in the hosptial they ask you at triage and then after delivery then in the postpartum room. I was a FREAK! He never left my sight!
With my CPM, and homebirth, the midwife said, "You're not circing are you???"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.