Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where/how I could get my hands on some circumcision instruments (plastibell, gomco clamp,restraint board)? I'm hosting a natural living/anti circ table at a community baby shower in a few months and I think it'd make a big impact to actually see the weapons they use.

·
Registered
14,239 Posts
ebay.com
has sold things of that nature in the past.
You should find a video of circ and show it with the sound turned up. That should really get the point across

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I believe that can a prickly situation, buying on eBay. eBay rules state the seller must be related to the medical industry and print who they are and their address. To buy, I believe you have to meet some medical qualifications (buying Gomcos, Mogens, sheilds, etc.).

One states:

The sale of this item MAY be subject to strict regulation by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and state and local regulatory agencies. IF SO, do not bid on this item unless you are an authorized purchaser. IF the item is subject to FDA regulation, I will verify your status as an authorized purchaser of this item before shipping of the item.

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
If you go to Hollister's website, they will send you samples of the Plastibell. I told them I was a midwife and wanted them for informational purposes for my clients. They sent one each of two sizes. It costs them money and those are two Plastibells that won't be used to mutilate boys.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts