Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen this show? I've never seen a CDS live performance and my mother has offered to buy tix for us over xmas. My dd will be four in a week and is somewhat sensitive to loud noises. She's never been to a movie theater, but I've taken her to a children's plays and music performances before and she LOVES them.<br><br>
Go now or wait?

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I've only been to one (not that one) and would not take my kid (even now that he's 6 1/2). It was LOUD at times and just a ton of visual and auditory input. I am pretty sure it would freak my noise-sensitive kid out. I loved it though.<br><br>
Catherine

·
Registered
941 Posts
Just tonight we saw the Nutcracker at Lincoln Center - my dd, 3y10m had previous experiences similar to your dds. She LOVED it! Was glowing! Whispered "I love you mama" during the show. But about 3/4 of the way through she did say "I want to go". It was getting close to bedtime anyhow. But we got her comfy and I reassured her it was almost done and made sure to point out a few extra details and she was fine. Warning - she danced the whole subway ride home and had trouble settling down for bed. I'd say go for it, maybe see a matinee if available? Unless Cirque is especially noisy/jarring? btw - Nutcracker was 2 hours including intermission.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
I found Cirque way louder and more overwhelming from a sensory point of view than any ballet or other theater experience I've ever had. (It was really great though!)<br><br>
Catherine

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I would go. Cirque is really amazing.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
I'd definitely go!<br><br>
We saw a similar cirque-style production over the summer (just my partner and I) and it would have been fine for the kids . . . they've seen tons of movies, and the Big Apple Circus, and shows, etc.<br><br>
Just let her know what to expect ahead of time, that it will be loud and lots will be going on. I bet she'll love it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts