Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How the heck do I do this?? I don't mean the stove-top, I mean that part at the back that's about 4 or inches inches up..

I haven't cleaned mine, well ever
: and it's disgusting!!! How can I get this cleaned?? I've been scrubbing and scrubbing and am making little headway... The crud is caked on and I can only see a bit of actual metal peeking through the grime...

HELP!!!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Take a washcloth/papertowel/rag and moisten it with whatever cleaner you are using (use excess cleanser to make sure it is very wet). Make sure that the cloth/papertowel/rag is long enough to cover the entire length of the area to be cleaned. Put the moistened rag on the back and let it sit for an hour or two. The crud should come off much easier after that.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Ok don't laugh but in cases like this I found the only thing that helps is my DH's can of Citrol. Not honestly sure exactly what your supose to use it for. But its basically an air can that you can use to clean oil, dirt, or anything else. I think its for like in mechanic shops but it does wonders. I would definetly look for an automotive cleaner.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Mine's been known to go a little too long between cleanings . . . ahem . . .
: I spray it with a bunch of "409" or similar and leave it for a bit, wipe it off and spray again, repeat as needed.

ETA: my stove is black. I mean it came that way. I bought it b/c I thought it looked cool, but now I see that it's just absolute genius to make a black stove.

·
Registered
713 Posts
steam cleaner all the way...makes it much easier to break up old grease. if you don't have one, perhaps you could borrow from a friend? after the first thorough cleaning, it's easy to stay on top of the job by just wiping regularly with vinegar/water.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.