Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>We're new to using wipe solution - we were just doing warm water on washcloths to clean after changes, but DS wasn't getting clean enough and redness/rash were developing, so I want to add a little soap into our cleaning him off.  For everyone who uses homemade wipe solution in a spray bottle: how do you clean out the bottle between batches of solution?  How OCD are you about it? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I've been putting some dish soap in with some water, shaking it a lot, spraying it through, rinsing with clean water, spraying it through until it's clean, and then pouring boiling water over everything.  I also use boiled water for making the wipe solution.  Can you see we're a little neurotic about the potential of mold?  I was thinking that I could be less neurotic if I changed it all out once a week or so - that then it would just need a rinse.  Anyone just do this?  </p>

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
<p>I second the tea tree oil.  I bet if you used that and just rinsed it thoroughly every time you were refilling, you'd be fine.</p>

·
Registered
983 Posts
<p>I'm not anal about my wipe bottle at all. As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't actually touch poo so it doesn't need to be THAT clean. I use a squirt top bottle and squirt it onto the wipes. In the bottle I put 2 c of water, 2T of olive oil, and 2 T of baby soap. We like the California Babies lavender and chamomile formulation so we use that, but you could use whatever you use to bathe your baby. When it runs out, I rinse the bottle out and put it to dry on the bottle rack so it gets dry, but sometimes I don't. Sometimes I just refill it with solution.</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts