Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this also on the nutrition board, but haven't gotten much of a response yet. I am hoping that maybe someone here might have some answers.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good cleansing or elimination diet? DH and I have been trying to really change our diets in the last year, and eat more healthy, especially since we now have a new baby. We are not necessarily trying to lose weight, just get rid of toxins in the system.

DH has issues with bad migraines, and is especially trying to rid his body of any of the chemicals from the drugs he has had to take for them. We already avoid trans-fats and high-fructose corn syrup, and other processed sugars. We also drink lots of water (bottled, because our city source has a very high natural arsenic content). We try to avoid a lot of processed foods and eat organic when we can, and rarely eat out because its too expensive right now.

The biggest issue for me right now is that I am also breastfeeding. My big worry is that I don't want whatever my body is getting rid of to end up in my milk and thereby going straight into dd. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts