Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions for a good cleansing or elimination diet? DH and I have been trying to really change our diets in the last year, and eat more healthy, especially since we now have a new baby.

DH has issues with bad migraines, and is especially trying to rid his body of any of the chemicals from the drugs he has had to take for them. We already avoid trans-fats and high-fructose corn syrup, and other processed sugars. We also drink lots of water (bottled, because our city source has a very high natural arsenic content). We try to avoid a lot of processed foods and eat organic when we can, and rarely eat out because its too expensive right now.

The biggest issue for me right now is that I am also breastfeeding. My big worry is that I don't want whatever my body is getting rid of to end up in my milk and thereby going straight into dd. Any help would be appreciated, and recipies would be fabulous! Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, but isn't this a weight loss diet book? We are not trying to lose weight, just get rid of some built-up toxins...

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a bunch! That helped me find just what I was looking for.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
wow; checked the link and I'm wondering if there's anything on the site that shows what TO eat? so much not to!

When I'm feeling the need to let my digestive system "rest" I go with raw foods for a week, organic as much as possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts