Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this for sale at <a href="http://www.greenpasture.org" target="_blank">www.greenpasture.org</a> (they are currently out of stock). I know nothing about the benefits of fermenting CLO, does anybody know anything about it?<br><br>
Now my next CLO pondering - do you keep giving CLO throughout the summer months? I had my vit D levels tested last November and they were good (56 is the number that comes to mind). I'm wondering if I should be switching myself and my children to regular fish oil for the summer since we're outside a lot more. Thoughts?

·
Registered
9,053 Posts
56 is not good I think... check Mercola's site. You should be in the high normal range.<br><br>
I wonder if we do have to worry about vitamin D supplementation by food product in summer, as the sun "kills" excess vitamin D as well as makes it. Don't know for sure. Surely traditional people out in the sun did not consider this? I cannot recall any specific tribes close to equator and their vitamin D intake, that would be an interesting exercise.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I seem to recall reading that we don't make as much vit. D as we think when we're out in the sun. It has to be high noon with lots of exposed skin to get a good dose.<br><br>
It's so viciously hot and humid here that we're not out when the sun is high, so I'm going to keep up the CLO this summer.<br><br>
ETA I've wondered about the fermented CLO, too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts