Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I think I may have a clogged duct. I've been feeling really achy these past few days and yesterday my right breast started hurting to the touch. so today I pumped really good, then I have been heating my breast and massaging before and during I nurse.

okay so I have a lump in my breast that all the doctors have told me is scar tissue from a breast infection bfing my older son. So sometimes that area is hard to get the milk out from around. I can tell right now that all the ducts around that are and leading down to the nipple are clear. However right in the areola area is where it hurts and the area there is denser than elsewhere. So do I continue putting heat and massaging it? I don't seem to be able to clear it of milk. HOw long and how often should I heat and massage that area? Because after awhile I'm not sure if it's still clogged or it's clear and i'm making it sore from massaging it.

and after I do clear it how long will it take for the pain to go away and for me to stop feeling achy? I really would like to avoid going to the dr. for this.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also when I massage down to the edge of the areola, the areola in that area dimples down, it doesn't do that in any other part of the areola.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts