Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of pain and several red spots on my right breast. It sort of feels like my breast is engorged. This was preceded by a day/night of reduced feedings on the part of my 4 month-old baby. Is this a clogged duct or mastitis? I don't think I have a fever, but I feel tired and achy.<br><br>
Besides nursing frequently, what should I be doing?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hmm, it sounds like you are getting a mastitis. I just had one a couple weeks ago and it pretty much started like that. Try to rest and nurse as much as possible. Alternate the nursing positions and do warm compresses before you nurse. Also nursing on all fourth is good to drain the breasts. In the end a homeopathic remedy helped me. I took Bryonia and two days later Sulfur but as for homeopathy you have to find the right match individually. Bryonia is the main remedy for mastitis though. Hope you are feeling better soon.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.<br><br>
I felt pretty horrible last night-- achy, chills, etc. But today I feel much better. I took several hot showers, massaged the areas that hurt the most-- changed nursing position I was using, too. Today I'm still sore, but my breast isn't nearly as painful as it was yesterday. Crossing my fingers, I've gotten through the worst of it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts