Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. We will start our first IUI cycle this month d/t DH's low sperm count. During our workup the RE noted my progesterone is low (8.4). All my other studies were fine. My RE suggested clomid to try to get my body to make more progesterone. My question is whether anyone has taken clomid for this reason, and the results (if you don't mind divulging that info). Also, wouldn't just taking progesterone supplements help in a similar way?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

· Registered
4,559 Posts
I had a similar progesterone number at one time. I tried various things to increase my progesterone, including progesterone cream after ovulation, to no avail- but we did end up using clomid- apparently clomid helps you have a better ovulation and boosts progsterone- I got pregnant my first clomid cycle with ds. I didn't have any bad side effects with the clomid either (just sharing because I was scared of side effects and was shocked to actually feel fine if not great the month I used it).

If I were going to do IUI, with that progesterone number, I would definately do the clomid. Good luck!

· Premium Member
4,952 Posts
I did acupuncture. I briefly considered clomid, but my midwife said that many women in their practice responded positively to acupuncture. I tried it, and didn't have the need for clomid. I completely resolved my cycle problems (and my autoimmune issues).

· Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your responses. It helps to hear what others have done in similar situations. I decided to try clomid (started it today). If I have a bad response to it I'll look further at accupunction (I did accupuncture several years ago and had a horrible experience -- almost passed out during it).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.