Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am currently 6dpo, in my first ovulatory cycle since January 06, and have the most tender boobs, especially nips in the world. They have never hurt this much, it almost brings me to tears. I can barely wear a bra, and dont know if this has anything to do with the Clomid, but so late in the cycle? In addition, I had some intense cramping CD 16-18, with O being around CD 17. Never felt that kind of cramping mid-cycle, or such tender breasts.<br><br>
How long does the clomid stay in your system, and how long do most feel the s/e. I didnt think I was hit by the s/e's, no genereal hot flashes, or mood swings (even though DH begs to differ on that one)<br><br>
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA<br><br>
-Lisa

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used clomid for 2 cycles. I ovulate on my own just a bit late, I was hoping for the drug to increase the number of follicles for us. I felt the effects untill AF came both times. My breasts were very tender and I was very emotional. I also felt my ovulation more sharply (if that makes sense). I hear that the s/e are different for everyone but it is nice to hear what others have gone though.<br><br>
I just felt I had to ride it out. I was good to myself and booked a spa day. Read some good books and kept myself busy.<br><br>
Good luck!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yep, those sound like clomid s/e's! It can most definitely give you side effects right on up to AF. There are a lot of people that don't feel the s/e's early n the cycle, they *only* feel them in the 2ww.<br><br>
It builds up in your system each cycle you take it, too, so it can actually affect you the next cycle or two even if you stop taking it.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Last month was my first cycle on clomid and I barely had any s/e while I took the pills apart from some night sweats and light sensitivity (mild). In the 2ww I was sure I was pregnant because I had a LOT of s/e. Very tender and swollen breasts, sore nipples, mild cramping, nausea and vomiting exactly like m/s.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts