Mothering Forum banner

Cloth Diaper Party in Glen Burnie

629 views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  mommystinch 
#1 ·
Hi there. There have been a few people from Anne Arundel County asking about cloth diapering lately, so I am going to host a cloth diapering party on Monday, August 14 at 10am. If you are new to cloth, considering it and want to find out more, or you have been using them for a long time and want to share and help others, please join us! If you have diapers you like using, please bring them to show+tell for those trying to figure things out. Also, feel free to bring your old diapers to sell/trade/give away
Lastly, it would be great if you could bring a snack to share. PM me for location

See less See more
#6 ·
Hillary, we do have a seperate plaly room, but I guess it depends on how well the older kids play together. Of course, if it is nice, they can always go out back.

Selesai: I hope you can make it. I have a Mei Tai, a wrap, and a ring sling that I can let you try out. My wrap is just a cut piece of fabric that I got for like $5, but it will give you an idea of how a wrap works. In fact, I am also hosting a babywearing info meeting on Aug 10. You are welcome to come to that as well
There will hopefully be other moms with wraps there!

#8 ·
Hi. there! Since we discussed this before, of course we will be there, along with dd (3). Perhaps people know of seamstresses, WAHM's or make dipes themselves. That way, people may have a handy way of meeting someone who makes dipes and could make some extra $$, or may have inserts, covers etc that they make and would want to see too! I can't wait. This is going to be SO much fun!

I also have a Mei Tai, a moby (actually 2
), and a maya RS that I can bring along...

#11 ·
I'll be there with 7yo nephew, 2 yo DS, and 2mo DD - I'd like to get more info on EC'ing since I've EC'ed DD a few times and it's great! and we'll bring out Fuzzi Bunz...good idea

#12 ·
Hi there,

I'm relatively new to mothering.com, but saw this thread and am very very interested - both in the babywearing and in the cd'ing meetings. Would love to get more info and I'm not sure how to PM??

Anyway, I am due in about 2 weeks and really need ideas for slings and diapers. I've collected a bunch of various covers, some diapers, and I'm just not sure what else I need! Will there be people there actually selling things? That's what I'd be looking for.

By the way, I live in PG County, so I don't think it's all that far to Glen Burnie. Gotta look on mapquest though.

Edited to ask - would my 18 month DS be welcome?

Suzanne.

#13 ·
Kids of all ages are always welcome to things I host
You are probably about half an hour away.

A PM is a private message. You can click on a persons screen name and see an option to send one. I will send you one now with my address, and you will be able to check it by going through the link on the top right of your screen, under the welcome contented73

#15 ·
Thanks! I got your address. I probably can't remember how to get to you, but mapquest and I are old friends.

Momto1and1ontheway, yes, FB need an insert if you didn't get them free when you bought the FB. Where did you buy them from?

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto1and1ontheway
mommystinch - I PM'd you for directions, but hadn't gotten them yet. While I was waiting for them, I thought I would ask if it's okay to perhaps bring a friend and her DS's (3 and 2 mos) along with me?
Sent it
Sorry! And yes, your friend and her sons are welcome

#17 ·
Thanks for the directions! We'll be there!

Hillymum, I bought them gently used from a mama on diaperswappers. I looked and I get 2 "JB" inserts (not sure what that stands for) and 2 hemp inserts.

I also bough a Very baby AIO from a mama.

I won't have any of these before the party I don't think, but at least I'll have an idea of what I'll be trying soon!

#22 ·
#24 ·
Mandy, we too had a great time. Came home with lots of info and more dipes than I came with!

Thanks to all of you who passed on a bit of wisdom!

Hillary - thanks for the wool, diapers and samples. I still might email!

Hannah - thanks for everything and I've already used the wet bag!

well, off to change into our new (to us) dipes!! Tee-hee-hee!!
:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.