Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2,455 Posts
nak..

on Mr Rogers (
) he was reading a book about potty training, and it had a section about paper diapers go in the garbage but cloth diapers go in the washer and get used again

I
Mr Rogers

· Registered
6,036 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Unreal
nak..

on Mr Rogers (
) he was reading a book about potty training, and it had a section about paper diapers go in the garbage but cloth diapers go in the washer and get used again

I
Mr Rogers

My babes were watching that and I was in the kitchen and ran in when I heard "cloth diapers!"

· Registered
640 Posts
I saw a current issue os BabyTalk magazine at the Peds office the other day and there was a baby wearing a knitted soaker... I was wondering if there was a sposie or cloth dipe under it...

· Registered
2,000 Posts
I wanted to post about the pinned prefold in Elf, too, but I figured that discussion probably occurred last year when the movie came out in the theaters.

Anyone notice the cd'd baby in one of the episodes of Fairly Oddparents? The Crimson Chin has to babysit and change a diaper. He uses cloth and one pin
. The diaper actually ends up saving the town by being "super absorbant".

Okay, we watch too much tv over here

· Registered
4,471 Posts
Quote:
I saw a current issue os BabyTalk magazine at the Peds office the other day and there was a baby wearing a knitted soaker... I was wondering if there was a sposie or cloth dipe under it...
Shut UP! Must get my hands on that issue, LOL!! They wrote me ages ago asking for a soaker for an article they were doing on cloth diapers, so I sent one last summer. I wonder if it's mine??!?!? Wow. Oh, wow, LOL!!

· Registered
2,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knittin' in the Shade
Shut UP! Must get my hands on that issue, LOL!! They wrote me ages ago asking for a soaker for an article they were doing on cloth diapers, so I sent one last summer. I wonder if it's mine??!?!? Wow. Oh, wow, LOL!!
That would be great if it was yours, but wouldn't that be kind of rude of them to use it without telling you or giving you credit? We definitely need to find that magazine and get credit given if it hasn't been.

· Registered
8,112 Posts
I just got that issue in the mail (Hey, I got a free subscription from my OB...), and I noticed that wool soaker, too. It DOES kind of look like a LTK soaker. But you know what sucks? I looked inside, where it lists what the baby on the cover is wearing, and it gives credit for the hat and booties, but doesn't even MENTION the soaker!
:

After I read that TV, movies, and magazines often use babies in cloth b/c it's cuter than sposies, I'm always on the look-out, and I pointed out the cloth in "Elf" to my DH.
I think I've seen cloth in a soap opera, too, but I don't remember which one.

· Registered
4,471 Posts
yeah, it would be kinda rude, but not at all unlikely, LOL! I think ti's pretty much a what you send them becomes their property kind-of deal. But I didn't send them a hat or booties, so if it is my soaker that's even more miffling that they'd credit the hat and booties but not the soaker. Who was the hat/bootie maker?

Now, where can I get my paws on this magazine, LOL, I don't have a subscription!!

· Registered
8,112 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Knittin' in the Shade
yeah, it would be kinda rude, but not at all unlikely, LOL! I think ti's pretty much a what you send them becomes their property kind-of deal. But I didn't send them a hat or booties, so if it is my soaker that's even more miffling that they'd credit the hat and booties but not the soaker. Who was the hat/bootie maker?

Now, where can I get my paws on this magazine, LOL, I don't have a subscription!!
Ok, it's dark in here (sleeping baby in lap), but the soaker looks like a variegated white/cream/tan---maybe some gray. Ring a bell? The hat is a "knit hat from Egg Baby by Susan Lazar," and the booties are "fleece-lined suede booties from Little E.D.A."

Let us know if the soaker is yours so we can all write them nasty letters! :LOL

· Registered
2,411 Posts
I missed the beginning of the movie so I didn't notice the diaper but I saw the babywearing at the end!

ETA--Are you talking about BabyTalk or American Baby magazine? Wait, let me look... oh hey, you can see (barely) that the baby on the January American Baby has a tan and white (?) soaker on. Cool!

Tara

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.