Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I have made some cloth wipes and now I was wondering what kind of soap to use as a cleanser. I want to put some in a wipe container and then have them handy when I need them. I thought it was listed here but cant find it. Can someone give me some help? thanks.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
If you just googles "baby wipes solution", you'll find alot of recipes. I have Dr. Bronner's soap already, so I use 1 1/2 C water with 1 T Dr. Bronner's (I use the euycalyptus and like it) and 1T olive oil. Easy and we have had no problems with it.<br><br>
I'd love to hear others' suggestions, too.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
In the summertime, I like to use diluted apple cider vinegar (a tablespoon to a cup of water). Keeps "the red butt" under control. We live in a very hot and humid area. We have hard water, which makes real soap (like Dr. Bronner's) not work so well and anything else is just too harsh on the bits for us...<br>
And, you can keep a container of wipes wet without getting musty overnight.

·
Premium Member
2,184 Posts
i do 1 cup water, 2 drops lavender, 2 drops tea tree oil. for my sposie wipes, i do 2 cups water, 2 tsp california baby wash, 1 tsp burt's bees apricot oil. olive oil is a good idea, almost out of burt's bees and i read they are not as eco/body friendly as i thought.

·
Registered
304 Posts
i just make up a mixture of water w/ a small squirt of baby shampoo and a few drops of tea tree oil. works great, especially when theres signs of a rash starting to develop--this nips it in the bud!!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I just wet them when I need them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts