Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you use cloth dinner napkins and placemats, how often do you wash them or switch them out? Daily? Weekly? As they get soiled?

We only use ours at dinner since breakfast is in the car and lunch is at preschool for DD and work for me.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
I switch them out as they get soiled. I switch the napkins almost everyday. With dd, her's goes in the wash almost every meal. If we have company then I switch napkins every meal. Place mats will sometimes stay out for a week. The kids have wipeable place mats though so the cloth is just for the grown ups.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Place mats really vary. Usually I can get a good week out of them. Sometimes it is one day and other times it is a month. Everyone gets a new napkin at every meal. They are always dirty.

·
Premium Member
2,858 Posts
We only use placemats on special occasions. Napkins we wash as they get soiled. Usually DH and I use one per day, and I keep a stack of washcloths for DD (and that we use instead of paper towels), who goes through 3-4 per day. I keep a small laundry bin in the kitchen.

·
Registered
195 Posts
We rarely use placemats. Napkins get washed as they get soiled, for DH and I usually every other day. For DD usually ever second meal. I have a stash and just throw them in the wash with the towels.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Placemats get tossed in the laundry when soiled. Like PP said sometimes 1 day, sometimes a month. Napkins get tossed into the wash after each meal (if they get used) I found some of my guests become neater b/c they are afraid to get them dirty b/c they look too nice
They just get up and wash their hands.
I have a bin for them in the laundry closet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.