Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep - the caused reflux in my DS and they seem to do the same to this little one. So he is still in disposables at the moment and I am reluctant to use the cloth because they push up on his gut. Could be because we have long toros in this family and that is just where the cloth is cutting up under.<br><br>
I want to give the tie on nappies a try but before I purchase them...I wanted to hear any other suggestions, advice from people on here about what to do about this. ????

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
What style and fold are you using? I used terry squares and the origami fold when they were little, lots of padding at the front but I could keep the rise low. A muslin square and flannel made quite a thin nappie when they were tiny.<br><br>
While DD was very little we had some mothercare shaped nappies which we could fold down in front. They were not very absorbent though, DS wet straight through them from a couple of weeks onwards.<br><br>
I didn't get on with the tie on nappies. I found them to thin on their own and once I had added boosters they were almost as bulky as the terries. I did like them for when DS was having "nappy free" time. I would tie them very loosly round him to stop the fountain effect.

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
We saw some of this in ds when wearing prefolds and a cover as a nb. We were able to use the same prefolds with wool covers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts