Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ds seems to be ready to learn to use the potty. Are there cloth training pants? My mom keeps suggesting Pull-Ups (YUCK), but I don't want them. Any suggestions?

· Registered
1,171 Posts
Hi and how exciting!! Are you looking for training pants, which are usually not very absorbent, or something for overnight?

If trainers, I'd say skip them - it can be confusing to the child if some undies are OK to pee in, others are not. We just used normal cloth undies, did laundry when there were accidents, and it went fine. I have known others to do this - and that way you can save your $$ for the overnight stuff. IME the overnight stuff is a longer phase...

For overnight, I've seen others recommend Mother of Eden and Drymids. We use Motherease bedwetters which are very durable & haven't leaked (though they have overflowed). I also tried Happy Heiny trainers but they leaked unless I got the stuffing juuust right. And some Toddling Tots but I am not sure she's still making them. HTH

· Registered
3,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See, I've always felt that PUll-ups and the like just confuse kids. I so don't feel ready for this. I thought it would be well after the baby was born before ds would be ready to do this. I'm so extremely exhausted right now and this takes so much energy and work. We only have three pairs of underwear right now and I think dh would freak out if I put dd's panties on ds. The washing machine is broken, but will be fixed in a few days. I was hoping to find something that would keep the mess to a minimum (not be ok to pee in, just to keep the mess down) and still let him recognise, Oh, I'm wet. Yesterday he went in the potty for the first time. He wanted dd's panites on so I got his out and put them on. 15 minutes later I had him sit on the potty for about 5 minutes, but he didn't do anything. 5 minutes later he peed and started to poop in his pants. I'm so not sure if he really understands, but he seems to and he doesn't want to wear diapers anymore. He's only 20 months. Gee....the confusion.

· Registered
12,085 Posts
Ah, yes I see where you're coming from... plus you're first trimestering! Sheesh! I'm just impressed you're typing!

I'd go with Under The Nile training pants if you like Organic. They're super soft! Or, I'd just go Gerber. My DS got really confused whenever he wore PUL trainers. Other non-pul trainers that have extra padding that I reeeally like are B'undies from www.theecstore.com they have customs in stock right now... I'd snatch those up if I was looking at PT soon. also Poquito Pants look really nice.
HTH!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.