Mothering Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,965 Posts
Wow. You guys are putting me to shame! My son was 7 lbs 3 oz at birth, and he could fit into his fitted "small" diapers by about 3 weeks, so I don't actually have *any* newborn fitteds. I am just going to use snappied infant prefolds (Indian, which are actually a little larger - yikes!), with knitted wool soakers over them. I have already made one pair of longies (picky pants pattern), and I plan to make two more and a regular soaker before Baby arrives. Right now, I am working on a soft cardigan.

To be honest, I didn't even use *any* covers with DS until he was about 3 or 4 months old. He slept on a lambskin in our bed, and those are waterproof. But, at that age, babies just pee small amounts at a time, so there was never a puddle or anything.

Also, we were ECing much of the time, although not as much at night. And we probably won't really do it at night this time, either since it will probably be pretty cold outside of the covers!

I am looking forward most to using the longies -- they are so soft! If you will indulge me, I will post a picture when I upload it to the computer. I really can't even believe that I could make them -- I am really a novice. Even you are even *considering* remotely that you might try knitting a soaker or longies, I encourage you to go for it! I am so happy that I did, and it really boosted my confidence.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.