Mothering Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
http://www.familyclothwipes.com/

great family-run company I may be ordering from for friends/family that want try to cloth wipe
We've used family cloth and cloth wipes for about five years. I've successfully converted dh and my 8yo. The rest of the family has the option to use tp or cloth. (Have you ever tried to forcibly convert a 17yo boy to family cloth?!) Our friends make fun of us and call themselves environmentalists while they use paper towels, foam plates, and dozens of rolls of tp! Seriously, when we have white elephant gifts, I invariably get a package of wash cloths - hahahaha, everyone laughs. Um, I don't because I love it! And we use them in the bathroom! Suckers!

Anyway, I buy the cheap, large packages of washcloths from WM or Target. They've lasted a good, long time and I don't have to sew (win/win). We have probably 5 dozen in circulation for dipe wipes, family cloth, and mama cloth.

TBH, I don't waste my time with baby washcloths. I find the larger ones much more useful and efficient. My dd uses baby washclothes and squares of fabric, but I like to wipe/fold and use only one cloth. Plus, I am totally anal about how they fold up neatly in the cabinet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey cloth diapering Mamas, what are your thoughts on cloth wipes? For some reason I don't feel as strongly about them as the cloth diapers. Although they can't add too much additional work. You're already doing a load of diapers, so throwing in some wipes is NBD.
I prefer the cloth wipes because I feel they are easier to wash. Something that has help us quite a bit with our baby girl as she became a toddle was the use of a bidet. :laugh: It made it a lot easier to clean up after her and we saved quite a bit of money from having to buy baby wipes. You can learn a lot about different types of bidets at bidets and http://bidets.com

·
Registered
413 Posts
We have cloth diapered since he was four days old, but we use disposable wipes. Every so often one goes through the wash but that hasn't been a big deal.

There is no way I'd get my husband to go with cloth instead of TP, I can't say that I'd be all that thrilled to use it either honestly.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I use cloth wipes for baby, just bought a few packs of baby washcloths and throw them in the wash with the diapers. I can't justify using non organic baby wipes and my hubby will not pay the outrageous price for the nice wipes so good 'ol cloth wipes for us. In my life it just makes sense. I don't have a garbage by the changing table I have a laundry hamper. :grin:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts