Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I have no idea what brand our is, it was a send-off from my mom, but it works. It's just one of those really simple wooden rack. I'm sure I'd see the difference if I had a REALLY great one, but I figure anything that you can hang clothes on will work! The only change I'm considering is getting a second rack so I can spread things out a little and air will circulate a bit better.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I really like the a-frame with wings coated metal rack. My old Service Merchandise rack bit the dust recently, but I found a similar one at ikea.

·
Registered
9,825 Posts
For smaller loads, I just drape clothes over the dining room chairs and the railing in the living area. I'll also hang clothes over the shower curtain rod.

Drying clothes in the living areas works better at night, when the kids can't take everything down

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
In our old apartment (where we did not have yards and yards of indoor clothesline) we hung two plant hooks over our bathtub, and we took an old broomstick that already had holes in each end, ran rope thru them, and hung the "clothes bar" over our bathtub. If you use hangers, you can fit a lot of stuff on one of these.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I have a $10 one from Fred Meyer, but I'd *love* one of these large fancy ones. It is expensive though, so a clothesline might be more economical if you have the room. Mine is the size of the smaller one pictured, but it has a coating on the rungs. It falls over in a stiff breeze though and that is annoying (gets my clean laundry dirty!).

I think this one could potentially pay off - if you were able to use it for most of your laundry.

http://www.vermontcountrystore.com/s...rd=drying+rack

Gaiam also has a large fancy one, but it costs even more.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by annethcz View Post
For smaller loads, I just drape clothes over the dining room chairs and the railing in the living area. I'll also hang clothes over the shower curtain rod.
I was thinking that in earlier times dining room chairs would have the posts on the back stick up beyond the chair back's height. Then dowels could be laid across the back (without rolling around) and the dowels would become racks for drying clothes and other things. I know I have seen pictures of this because I can visualize them in my head!

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I love my drying racks! They are from Walmart.
: I don't put wet stuff on furniture, because it can damage the finish. That's neat about the chairs, though- my family's dining chairs when I was growing up had these half-circle cutouts in the top of the back cross piece, probably for that very purpose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.