Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't put my first child in cloth until she was almost 6 months-old so putting a newborn in cloth will be a first for me. Baby on the way is a boy and I just went out and bought a bunch of onesies and such in 0-3 month size. It would be a hassle for me to exchange everything but I'm wondering how cloth dipes will fit under my newborn's clothes and for how long. My first wasn't a particularly big baby and pretty much followed clothing sizes according to the ages-- but again, she wasn't in cloth as a NB.

Should I exchange all my stuff for 3-6 month sizes? I bought mostly all Carter's.

Also, I'm planning to use Kissaluvs sz 0 and ME XS Sandy's. I haven't figured out what to use for covers yet but I want minimum bulk.

Thanks in advance for you advice.

· Registered
1,331 Posts
my 2cents

my babe was lmost 7 lbs. We used cloth from birth. We did not use onsies, because of the risk of wicking with cd. We used mostly 0-3 sleepers and they were just fine, if not too big, for at least 2 months. I used carters and target brand.
we used kissaluvs with bummis and prefolds with proraps.
hth

· Registered
4,890 Posts
You'll still get some use out of the onesies, even if it might not be for as long as you might have with disposables.

For minimum bulk, any PUL cover is going to be trim. We used Proraps in the newborn stage and loved them.

· Registered
5,204 Posts
.. dd2 was a little over 8lbs at birth and cloth diapered from day 1. we havent had aproblem with newborn sized clothes at all. Actually even now at somewhere over 10 lbs and a month old she is still in newborn clothing in cloth diapers with room to grow. That includes pants, shirts, sleepers, onsies, etc
HTH!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.