Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... because it's nearly impossible to find maternity work pants. I was able to find exactly two pair after hitting every store I could think of during the past two days.

For some reason, most stores seem to think that "career pants" = "stretch pants"- and let's face it, stretch pants aren't flattering on anyone. Ever.

On the flip side, I'm wearing maternity jeans today, and for the first time in weeks, I feel good about how I look. It's nice to wear jeans that fit my rear and thighs while accomodating my stomach. Until now, I've been wearing pants that were just two sizes too big, and the result was frumpiness.

Now if only I could wear jeans to work...

·
Registered
674 Posts
hmmm, did you try target. I too was on the hunt for fitting clothes that aren't my fat pants.... i was looking for jeans and cords because my work is very casual, BUT at target I saw several pairs of "slacks" type pants. One really cute pair of pin stripe ones. Good luck. I also tried on several of their shirts, they looked cute on the hanger; but all of them were cut so weird.(what pregnant lady can go without a bra??) J

·
Registered
636 Posts
I love the Duo Maternity pants. JC Penney carries them, I'm not sure if other stores do. I had to order mine online since I'm plus sized (one thing I've learned this pregnancy is you aren't allowed to be both fat and pregnant!), so if you can't find any that may be an option for you. I think the ones I have are the ones just labeled "maternity career pants" (they're not stretch pants though
)

Julieanne, posting as pixeldust because I didn't notice she was auto logged in

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I hate to say it again, but Thyme maternity up here in Canada has a really nice selection of pants.
:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by PixelDust View Post
I love the Duo Maternity pants. JC Penney carries them, I'm not sure if other stores do. I had to order mine online since I'm plus sized (one thing I've learned this pregnancy is you aren't allowed to be both fat and pregnant!), so if you can't find any that may be an option for you. I think the ones I have are the ones just labeled "maternity career pants" (they're not stretch pants though
)

Julieanne, posting as pixeldust because I didn't notice she was auto logged in

Duo is JCPenney's private label so they're available just through JCPenney... Some of the larger JCPenney stores are carrying plus-size maternity now. Usually, it's one rack at the back of the maternity department, though, so you have to hunt for it. The program's a test rollout right now so the merch. is still a bit hit and miss, but I think it's a great program.

I had great luck with shirts at JCPenney: I bought six shirts and four were from there. One of my two pairs of pants was from there, also: they were tailored with a hook/ zip front closure and look like dress pants. I tried on another Duo pant, though, that looked like a stretch pant. Unfortunately, the tailored pair that I liked came in just gray or brown and isn't available through the catalog or JCP.com.

I'd like to have three bottoms for work so I don't have to wash laundry as often and think I may go with a skirt since pants are so hard to find.

Do you think I can call out from work with "nothing to wear" as the reason?

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I saw a bunch of career type slacks at motherhood. None of them were long enough for me though... I'm 6'1'' and they don't make pants that long unless I order them online...

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
I got work slacks at Target - Liz Lange in the brand I believe

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Check out eBay.

I just sold my maternity work clothes on eBay - they were nice clothes, in very good condition, and they sold for just a few dollars per item. If I ever get pregnant in the future (now that I've gotten rid of my maternity and baby stuff
better hope my IUD works) I will definitely be shopping the great deals on eBay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.