Mothering Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I would really appreciate any recommendations for CNM and/or OB/GYN practicioners in Salt Lake, preferably close to downtown/Avenues/Sugarhouse areas (but willing to go farther). Looking for all around 'well-woman' health care in the short term, as well as TTC and pregnancy (I hope) health soon. thanks!!
CJ

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi ladies,
sorry im just now posting. I used to live in the Millcreeck area. but now am in Layton.
I wanted to let you know of a lady whos a homeopath in Sugarhouse. Her office is just across the street from Wild Oats.
IMHO if your TTC or just want like and OB or something i would go to her. Shes not going to pump you full of ridiculous chemicals.
She and her husband run Eastside natural health. She was a midwife for a long time and now just concentrates on womens health. I go to her because i have been TTC for 3 years almost. She has really made a huge difference in my health.
Her office is really neat i think, shes very hands on with me and dosent fool around with concerns or problems.
I highly recommend her.
As far as money is concerned, i think some insurances cover her. Mine personally doesnt but im still paying less that what we paid the RE or OB?GYN
HTH
Kalley

·
Registered
150 Posts
Leslie Peterson is the naturopath Kalley was talking about in SLC. I would HIGHLY recommend Danielle Demeter CNM (435-655-6617) in Park City. She's super awesome. If you're looking for someone to birth with she only delivers at St. Marks.

Pascale Stephanie
Julie Jones
Linda Alexander
and the midwives at the birth center Becky McInnis and Rebecca Williams are all cnm's in SLC who I recommend.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I highly, highly recommend The Birth and Family Place in Holladay. They're on 4500 South, just West of 2700 East. Rebecca Williams and Becky McInnis are the midwives there and both are great. I can speak personally about Rebecca since she was our midwife and I also know Becky just from going to the office. They do well woman checks as well as full prenatal care and delivery there. They have an open house the 3rd Wednesday of every month from like 6-8 I believe. Best wishes!

oh, I also worked with Julie Jones for the first of my pregnancy and I really liked her, too. There was just no way in bleep I was delivering at Cottonwood.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I second all those! Love Julie Jones, and ESPECIALLY Danielle Demeter! she is THE most natural minded cnm. Of course the birth center is great too! I wouldn't even think twice about driving to PC for Danielle though. She is fabulous!

Candace

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
Hi! I just saw you mention Leslie Peterson! She is my doctor too and was at both my homebirths, she is wonderful, I love her! My blue cross/blue shield covers her.

I also wanted to comment on Pascale. I worked with her while she was going to school to be a CNM, she gave me soooo much shit for having homebirths I wonder really how hands of she is. Unless she has changed her tune, I don't know.

The birth and family place is great! It's the only birthing center in the state and they hardly transfer, so that is a great option. I just got a job there a few months ago and so far they seem so nice and like such a good option.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Although I am done with my pregnancy/birthing now, I used Intermountain Nurse Midwives at LDS Hospital for all of my prenancies and they were fantastic! When my third pregnancy turned out to be twins, I was still able to continue seeing them, and a midwife delivered my boys with no complications. They are located right across from LDS hospital, so I think they would be close to you.

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Momto4under5
Although I am done with my pregnancy/birthing now, I used Intermountain Nurse Midwives at LDS Hospital for all of my prenancies and they were fantastic! When my third pregnancy turned out to be twins, I was still able to continue seeing them, and a midwife delivered my boys with no complications. They are located right across from LDS hospital, so I think they would be close to you.
Wow, I have heard other people like these women too, me, I had a horrible experience with them. One of them told me my son would grow up to resent me if I didn't have him circumcised, she raised her voice at me telling me I would basically ruin his life and "any urologist" will tell me how dangerous it is to leave him intact. Another wouldn't commit to me that if all was well I could get out of bed during labor, she said "you have to pick your battles" and said she wouldn't say I could walk around, even if everything was fine, I still had to follow the "rules". Whatever. Then I asked one of them if oral vitamin K was an option and she railed into me about how I wanted to kill my baby by refusing vitamin K. I said I didn't say I want to refuse vitamin K, I just asked if oral was an option. Then she raised her voice at me (I got voices raised at me at all three visits I had to the place) and she still went on about cranial hemmorage and how bad I would feel if my baby died. WTH??? One of them told me the ingredient in unisom to take with vitamin B is the same as benedryl (it isn't, it's similar and benedryl is in extra strength unisom, but regular Unisom you take for morning sickness is a different med), no big deal, but annoying to me. One of them (I forget which things happenned at which visit) I told her DH and DS were in the waiting room and wanted to hear the heartbeat when we got to that point. When she was feeling my belly she did the doppler real quick and I said, "hey, DH and DS wanted to be in here to hear that!" she said too bad, too late. I left there crying all three visits.

My experience was so bad! I took my records and asked Leslie Peterson to do my homebirth, I was terrified of the medwives at IHC. I have heard good stories from a few people and I can't believe they are the same women that were so horrible to me.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have had poor experiences with the intermountain nurse midwives at LDS hospital as well as a doula. One particularly bad experience the baby was born, midwife clamped cut cord and handed the baby to the mom. Then the midwife started doing cord traction so hard she broke the cord. Then mandatory pitocin.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Celeste Thomas is one of the newer CNM's down in the SL area. She was up here in Logan until last summer, and was my midwife with dd's birth. She's totally awesome, I'd recommend her to anyone in a heartbeat. Last I heard was that she left Logan for a better paying position down in the SL area, but I'm not sure exactly where. But in case someone happens to run into her, she rocks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.