Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
5,408 Posts
I'm an account holder with Sophie the Giraffe & Lunchskins, if anyone is interested in those. I'd be happy to host, fill out the app & all - it helps me out b/c as a small business owner, I can't always afford the minimum order!

Lunchskins are awesome! If you haven't seen them, I'm extremely happy with the way the run through the dishwasher, which is the big deal, really.

· Premium Member
5,408 Posts
Ah, I see. I must have mis-read. My apologies. Well, good news is that I know that lunchskins hosts co ops, so that would be great. I could probably do it next month, once I hear if my application to host is approved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BathrobeGoddess View Post

Quote:
I actually read that as her saying she already had a purchasers account with those companies, so wouldn't have to go through their application process. Not that she's a distributor.
I know the new rules a bit confusing. I understood it this way as well and this sort of buy is not allowed under the new guidelines. Only companies that allow coops (not through a resale account, this is why it is considered a third party) directly are allowed. Since the new guidelines are that MDC moderators contact the company directly to ask if a coop discount is allowed (unlike the old method where they forwarded a letter), and to forward the turns of such a buy it shouldn't matter if a member had an account or not with a company as the organizer would be doing just that, organizing. It is a pretty safe guess that any company that requires interested parties to have a resale license to buy wholesale, do not allow coops. There are a couple exceptions of course but it is a good general rule
smile.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.