· Premium Member
1) Facebook message or textHi all,
I'm new here, and I was hoping to pick your brain about how you communicate and share information with your child's other caregivers. I'm especially interested in the tools/tricks of blended families that feel like they're excelling in communication, planning and scheduling.
So my main questions are:
1. How do you share/give information to the other co-parent? Phone, Email, Text, Note-passing?
2. What aspect of co-parenting has been the hardest? (ex. syncing information, scheduling, communication, other?)
3. What are the tools you'd suggest for someone just beginning as co-parents? (google calendar, record keeping tools?)
4. What are the potential minefields for those just entering into this family arrangement?
5. Has technology helped the parents of today? (I've researched some parenting apps that attempt this.) Have you tried these apps/software? What worked for your family and what didn't?
I know I'm asking some largeish questions here, but I would really appreciate any input you may have.
2) Learning how to let the other parent do things their way
3) A therapist (partly joking)
4) Boundaries on both sides
5) We are facebook friends, though we don't follow each other. We can message each other in a flash, share pictures of the kids, stay up to date with things.