Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi-
I have an 8 week old and we kindof just started co-sleeping naturally. Now, she won't sleep in the cradle, and that's fine. Her favortite position is lying on top of me, chest to chest, but I have woken up to her sliding off me! Scary! So, I decided to kindof cradle her in my arm on the side and sleep that way, but sometimes I wake up and her face is in my side. Scary! Sooo...my question is, what are the best positions for co-sleeping? Do I need a special pillow or something? She is smaller than most babies (preemie now just 6 lbs.).
Also, she wakes about every hour at night to sleep (last night with the arm hold I actually got two 2 hour stretches of sleep!) and sleeps for like 3 hours at a time during the day. Does she have her days and nights mixed up? Did I encourage that somehow? How do I fix it? I feel bad waking a baby, so I have not done that.
Ideas, suggestions??:yawning: I'm delirious.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Valian. I will try some of your suggestions tonight. I have been using the same blankets, so I will give her her own, and put her on the side of the edge of the bed. I was afraid she would roll off the bed! BUT, then I will use that positioner thing, and hopefully that will help. Thanks so much. I hope to get some sleep...just a little...not asking for much....

About the day/night thing. She's not more alert at night, she just seems to kinda fuss all night without much sleep. I keep changing positions, and nursing, of course. I don't keep it too bright, just the bathroom light to see and trust me, diaper changes are quick and event-less. So, with your input, I guess she is not mixed up, but maybe we just need to get our sleeping arrangements hammered out.

Again, thanks for the advice, and if anyone else has any, I'd be glad to hear it. I'd like to see as much sleeping at night as there is during the day! Wishfun thinking?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.