Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My youngest child is eleven months old and what I consider a pretty good co-sleeper. Just recently though he has started attempting to crawl/walk over us during the night (1 a.m., 3 a.m., etc.) in order to "play". While I love sleeping with him last night we found it necessary to place him in the pack-n-play that butts up against our bed. (I should note that he sleeps in the pack-n-play when he goes down for naps and at night and anytime I remember/am awake enough to put him back in after his nightly feeds. He still eats three times a night.) Last night, when we put him back in the pack-n-play he did play for awhile and would not let us lay him down. When he became bored of playing and after crying for about ten minutes he let us lay him back down and pat and shush him back to sleep.<br><br>
On to the question:<br><br>
I need people's opinions on if I am sending him a mixed message by nursing him when he wakes and allowing him to co-sleep only if he is not climbing over us. I don't feel like he is necessarily a candidate for break-your-heart-CIO like we ended up doing with our first who was up every one to two hours for three months straight but I also don't want to confuse the little guy. Thoughts?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts