Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 3yo and a 10yo who sleep (mostly) in their own beds but in the same room with us (all our beds are connected). We just found out we are pregnant again, and I am concerned about what to do with my 3 yo when I deliver the baby and have to stay overnight at the hospital. I have considered homebirth, but want the option of more pain relief. Have any of you been through this? What did you do?<br>
Wendy

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
My ds was 21 months old when dd was born in the hospital. I was worried too, but he just slept with dh at home so all my angst was for naught. dd slept with me at the hospital, obviously. Will your partner spend the night at home? It was "easy" for us because I had a c-section and so dh was home in plenty of time for bedtime. I guess it's a little different when you don't know exactly when the baby is going to be born...do you have relatives who'll allow cosleeping? When our kids have periodically spent time with my father and his wife, they've all layed down together for naps and one overnight the kids slept on a mattress together at the foot of my dad's bed...would any of that work?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both my kids have been born very late at night - 12:15AM and 2 AM. I guess my main concern is that my 3yo still nurses ALOT! During the night, when she wakes up, to get to sleep, during the day. I'm worried about her getting to sleep and needing to nurse during the night.<br>
Wendy

·
Registered
13,153 Posts
Funny how we worry. Shows what a good mommy you are.<br><br>
Your concern over your 3 yo and her nursing? Well, a lot can happen in 9 mos. As your milk supply decreases, and esp if you get sore nipples or that restless feeling so many pg nursng moms get, you will most probably begin to nurse less. She may even start to sleep better at night, with next to no milk to bother waking up for.<br><br>
She is old enough to be talked to alot between now and the birth about ALL the changes a new sibling will bring to her life. One night without you will be the least of it!<br><br>
Try posting on the EBF Bfing board too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts