Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody do all 3 o these? i would like to try the swaddle, but we use wool longies over ds's cd. wont' the swaddle just wick out all the moisture?

are there any thin, wool swaddle blankets?

·
Registered
728 Posts
When we were swaddling, we used covers and not wool, but that's a good question. I look to hearing some BTDTs.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I have a thin wool puddle pad that I am sure you could swaddle with, or some nice wool interlock with finished edges would work. I would look on Etsy or Hyena Cart for a WAHM who uses wool interlock and see about getting a blanket made.

I know that Babyology makes a machine knit wool blanket, there longies are ice and soft and stretchy so I think that would work to swaddle as well.

Also I just wanted to add that we used to swaddle DS with a cotton blanket and he wear cotton jammies over his wool and it works fine, also you could use a thin polar fleece blanket if your room is cool.

·
Registered
347 Posts
we used wool and swaddled w/ cotton blankets and never had a problem w/ wicking. it may depend on how absorbent the diapers are, how thick the wool is, and how much lanolin you use. dd has been soaked and still never had a wicking problem. if it's a problem, you could use a thin fleece blanket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.