Mothering Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you lie down when baby is in bed with you? I like to lie on my side, but I don't know what to do with the arm that's on top. I don't feel like it's safe to lay it across DC because it might be too heavy and squish the baby.<br><br>
What's comfortable for you?

·
Registered
347 Posts
I think your baby will let you know if your arm is too heavy. I think my arm tends to rest on the opposite side of my baby so there's little weight on him. I also move around during the night, which doesn't disturb my baby, sometimes sleeping on my back or stomach too.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
How old is your babe?<br><br>
I asked several months ago when I could expect to be more comfortable changing positions and sleeping normally while co-sleeping. It's happened, much to my relief!<br><br>
When ds was an infant, I slept on my side and pressed the hand of my top arm against his side. Now, I sleep on my side, on my stomach, and pretty much any way I want. ds is 15 months now.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I usually am on my side with a pillow behind my back and lean back on it a little and rest my arm on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When my babies are little I like to keep them in the space between mine and my husbands heads. I use a seperate blanket for them. Once they are older they can snuggle in next to me and any position is ok.<br><br>
Tammy

·
Registered
687 Posts
I sleep on my side, and DD rests her head on my upper arm (the lower arm). My other arm goes around her back/side. DD sleeps on her side or back this way and she seems really comfy.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
When my babies were little, I would rest my arm across their diaper area. That way I didn't feel like I might impede their breathing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts