Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any links handy showing that co-sleeping is safe? I am asssuming there is some science to back this up and I would love to have this info. handy.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Here's a Dr. Sears article: Click me

This is an interesting tidbit:

Quote:
A conflict of interest? Who is behind this new national campaign to warn parents not to sleep with their babies? In addition to the USCPSC, the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) is co-sponsoring this campaign. The JPMA? An association of crib manufacturers. This is a huge conflict of interest. Actually, this campaign is exactly in the interest of the JPMA.
Also:

Quote:
What does the research say? The September/October 2002 issue of Mothering Magazine presents research done throughout the whole world on the issue of safe sleep. Numerous studies are presented by experts of excellent reputation. And what is the magazine's conclusion based on all this research? That not only is sleeping with your baby safe, but it is actually much safer than having your baby sleep in a crib. Research shows that infants who sleep in a crib are twice as likely to suffer a sleep related fatality (including SIDS) than infants who sleep in bed with their parents.
I wonder if we could find that info on Mothering's website somewhere. HTH

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
Mothering magazine ran a special issue dedicated to cosleeping + the family bed recently ~ you can either order the back issue (if it's still available) or look for it in the articles section on mothering.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts