Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been trying to get her to start moving into a toddler bed next to our bed. She's 2 1/2. We are still nursing and she still tends to nurse to sleep with me-- not always but usually.

I've been nursing her down in our bed because she insists on starting off in our bed. Once she falls asleep- I move her into her bed where she usually stays until about 5am and then I'll wake up to her snuggling in with us.

Anyone have any stories on how you handled co-sleeping with a toddler and a new baby? I'm concerned about letting them share space in our bed. Do I give up and get an attached co-sleeper for #2?

I'm 26 weeks so I still have some time.....

Words of wisdom? CIO is not an option I will consider

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
we're newly in the situation. i want to just proceed with the family bed for now and adjust as we need it. we have been starting DS off for sleep at night in the guest room, and DH usually puts him down - so we're doing things a little differently than you guys... and then we take him into the bed the first time he wakes. he has been sleeping some longer stretches, so perhaps by the time the baby gets here he'll actually be out of the family bed?? or maybe we'll bring him back in more full-time if he actually sleeps better!

but anyway, our default plan is mattresses on the floor to make as much room as we need!

·
Registered
961 Posts
I have a co-sleeping 1mo and a 16mo. Our current sleeping arrangement now, is toddler sleeps between DH and I. The baby sleeps in the sidecar (the crib w/ the side taking off and pushed against the bed, with the mattresses on the same level).

That way, toddler can snuggle with both of us. And Baby has his space since he's still so little. And with the cirb, to nurse him, I just scooch over and lay half in the crib, nurse and roll back over.

And just wanted to say, it's awesome sleeping with both little ones!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.