Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dd (13 mo) has some kind of stomach virus or something. She threw up all night last night. What my husband and I did was layed a huge junky quilt down ontop of the bottom sheet on my bed. Then I put down a baby quilt. Then about 5 large bath towels. I covered pillows in several layers of baby blankets. Every time she got sick I just took the top layer off and threw it over the side. This enabled me to get a little sleep (she woke about every 20 minutes it seemed). We also made up stacks of clean pj's, diapers, and clean tops for mom. If we had to get up and change her we didn't have to think much. It was very helpful to do all that prep. I also laid down lots of blankets on the floor so the carpet didn't get hit at all during the day. I did a TON of laundry today, but I think it was worth the 2-ish hours I got to sleep last night. Hopefully tonight will be better. She's not old enough to grasp the throwing up in a bucket idea so the towels were the only way to prevent the mattress getting hit. Just wanted to let you all know our solution in case you end up with a sick baby in bed. Also - let me know if you have any other solutions!

·
Registered
5,848 Posts
I just hold and aim DD at whatever she initially started throwing up on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts