Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone else who cosleeps with their LO but doesn't sleep with DH/DP? Dh and I used to have the crib sidecarred to our queen bed, but then he started snoring like crazy and he would wake both DD and myself up. We ended up taking apart the crib and sidecarring it to DSD's single bed (DSD sleeps on the futon in the living room).

This arrangement works fine for now, but I miss sleeping next to my DH. Also, he's starting to get ...jealous of DD and I sleeping in the same bed together. He says it's impacting our intimacy. I think he's already planning on when DD will be in her own bed (she's only 9 months!), and I really don't think it's going to happen anytime soon. I still have to nurse her down and she needs to be nursed at least once a night. I'm SO NOT getting up in the middle of the night to go nurse a baby and then going back to bed.

Anyone else in this boat?

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
most nights DH sleeps in the living room. it is his choice. I would prefer him in bed, but he doesnt sleep well and gets up early for work.
It works well for us. We get our private time after DD goes to bed.

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
DH is sleeping in the master bedroom again right now but not in the same bed with me. Before he had been sleeping downstairs for the last two years, we are both counting down when he can move back to his own room.
We had the same issue, he started snoring, I'm a light sleeper and insomniac to begin with, I couldn't handle the snoring so I send him downstairs. All I've heard for the last two years is how much he wanted to sleep with us again (I had DD2 with me and he had DD1, sometimes she will sleep alone though). #3 is due any day so I moved him back upstairs so he could sleep with DD2 in another bed, she isn't ready to move out of the room away from me, but I can't deal with her and a newborn. Now he keeps talking about how much he can't wait until he can move out of the master bedroom again.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Have you tried white noise or a loud air filter to drown out his snoring? It works for us. DD seems less affected by DH's snoring than me. I would focus on trying to solve the snoring rather than sleep seperately. DH and I had DD in between us in the bed the first month of her life and I honestly didn't like it! I missed the intimacy and the snuggling so we purchased a crib and sidecarred it. If DH doesn't like it and you miss him too, keep working on finding a solution that makes everyone happy.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
My dh sleeps in our spare bedroom. It doesn't have to affect your intimacy. For us, I do have a basinette in our room that dd doesn't generally sleep in, but she will sleep in it for a while so when the mood strikes us I put dd in the basinette and pay dh a "visit" in the guest room. You have to come up with a way to meet all your needs but you can probably find one - just get creative. My guess is that if your sex life gets back to normal, your dh will relax about the sleeping situation.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
DH sleeps in our spare room for a lot of reasons and DD and I sleep in the big bed. DH snores, hits snooze for over an hour, doesn't sleep very well with the dog or baby in bed, and every time I roll over to switch sides for a feeding I roll into him and wake him up. I hate not sleeping with DH and he hates it too, but we both need sleep. We compromised by sleeping in the same bed on weekends when we can both be tired.

·
Registered
918 Posts
DH sleeps in the master bedroom, and I had been sleeping with DD on a queen mattress in her room. Both DH and DD are light sleepers and kept waking each other up (we began sleeping separately when DD was around 6 months or so). About a year ago (when DD was 2), I moved a twin mattress into that room so I can begin NOT co-sleeping and move back into the master bed. One year later, I'm still in her room on the twin mattress but I think I will move to the master bed this weekend. I still lay down with DD in her bed to help her fall asleep, and I will rub her back or cuddle with her when she wakes up at night. DH is actually a little apprehensive about me moving back into his bed beause he is so accustomed to sleeping alone now. I just want a little time together before #2 arrives.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
I guess I'm a part time cosleeper with dd, part time cosleeper with dh. I normally put my dd to bed about 830, she usually wakes at 1130ish, I lie with her and nurse her back to sleep then go sleep in my bed with dh. Then she wakes again around 3ish so I lie with her again and usually spend the rest of the night in her bed.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal_R View Post
DH sleeps in our spare room for a lot of reasons and DD and I sleep in the big bed. DH snores, hits snooze for over an hour, doesn't sleep very well with the dog or baby in bed, and every time I roll over to switch sides for a feeding I roll into him and wake him up. I hate not sleeping with DH and he hates it too, but we both need sleep. We compromised by sleeping in the same bed on weekends when we can both be tired.

This sounds a lot like us, minus the dog part. We occasionally try having him come back in the bed with us, but, like last night, it doesn't work and he ends up going back in the other room. One of these days DD won't be such a non sleeping night sleeper and we might get to work on the issue... before she was born DH tried really hard to work on the snooze thing and was getting better at it. I can't stand the snooze button. I'm up from the first alarm until he actually gets out of bed, so the more the snooze button is used the angrier I get laying there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.