Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hi!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I recently started a new job, I'm very very happy at it, the people is very king, the hours are great etc...dream come true after almost 3 years SAHming</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I have direct contact with an exchange student. She made a request and I forwarded the email to everyone involved. Turns out, one of them neglected the request. My boss, very kindly pinted out that the email address of this person is xxxx and that I had sent the email to another one. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm obsessivly checking my sent messages folder and I DID send the email t the correct address! I'm thinking maybe this person is trying to "wash her hands" (the literal transaltion of an expression in spanish meaning she's not taking responsability).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Part of me is wanting to point out that I sent the mail to the right address and part of me is saying to let it go...to preserve harmony.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm not getting into any trouble (I'm new, so it's OK if I don't do everything perfect yet)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But I know I'm right!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But I don't want to come across at argumentative either....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>the good ol' question... WWYD?</p>

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
<p>Depends. If you find that mistakes you haven't made are being ascribed to you simply because you're new and therefore an easy target, I would for sure point out to your boss that you were, in fact, correct (doing so in as blameless way as possible). But I would wait to see if this became a pattern first. At this point, I wouldn't make a big issue out of the correct email address. The fact is the documentation that you did it correctly is on everyone's email. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Now, the request part of it: how I would proceed would depend on the nature of the request. If it is entirely work-related, and it is the job of person X (who ignored it) to honour the request, I would go directly (in person if possible, or on the phone) to that person and say, "hey, did you get a chance to look at my email? Because the exchange student can not proceed until x, y, z is done. When can expect that to be finished?" However, if the request was something more personal, something that could be considered voluntary (requests for money or assistance of some sort, that kind of thing) I would drop the whole thing. </p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts