Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading about colic in my Aviva Jill Romm book and she recommends an herbal tea that I can drink or give directly to the baby. I won't be able to make it to the store to buy the herbs until maybe tomorrow earliest or the weekend so I was wondering if anyone has used anything like regular chamomile tea (cooled off of course when given directly to babe). That and mint tea is about all I have on hand. DD - 2.5 weeks is having fussy time from about 7pm to 9 or 10 pm. Not constant crying but she'll cry, nod off, wake up cry and the cycle continues. She won't nurse during this time and we do the bicycles etc. already so I'm thinking of adding the "cocktail" -- can mommy have one too?!?!? hahahahaaa

·
Registered
198 Posts
my 3-1/2mo has the same fussy time. i figured he's just fighting going to bed and i walk him around a bunch until 10pm (which is when he usually nurses down to sleep)...and that this stage can't last forever.

i wouldn't give a LO tea since i don't know how their immature sytems could handle it.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
I would make the tea and drink it myself, but that's the extent of it. The evening fussy time is very normal, and will pass. If it was raging, screaming, want-to-jump-out-a-window colic, then maybe I would be comfortable with it, but I wouldn't give such a teeny tiny anything by mouth other than breastmilk or a finger/paci just for fussiness.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.