Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you use this? I ordered some and had read somewhere you can mix it w/water to drink it. It is some pretty solid stuff and I don't know if it's because I live in Alaska and it's pretty cool in my house, but it won't mix very well in water. I'm using the Tropical Traditions brand. Do you just heat it before mixing w/water or will that hurt the properties of the coconut concentrate?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I have some and I don't like it. I find it it leaves a gritty kind of taste behind no matter how I use it. I much prefer to use Thai organic coconut milk. I have had a jar of the coconut cream in my cubbard for almost a year.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
cjr, is it the concentrate you're using or just coconut cream? I have some of the exact same stuff, lily_fair. I would gently warm it if it's not blending well. I've never done that straight in water, but only in cooking. Usually, I use it in desserts or I spread it right on toast, which is divine.

·
Registered
11,992 Posts
Ditto. You don't have to heat it much at all to get it softer. I believe coconut oil begins to soften at 76 degrees. Just use it in or on foods (spread on breads, ontop of pancakes, in smoothies etc.) I wouldn't personally be trying to drink it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts